DLP spokesperson on business and entrepreneurship Ryan Walters is calling on Government to give an account of how all funds for businesses during COVID were disbursed. (Picture by Rachelle Agard.)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Clubs force BFA to change course Read More
- Sutherland asks for time Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) is calling on Government to educate the public, especially entrepreneurs on the importance of paying in contributions to the National Insurance Scheme (NIS).
The suggestion came from spokesman on business and entrepreneurship Ryan Walters, following a walkthrough yesterday of nine small businesses in the St Michael North West constituency.
“I think this is the opportunity for the Government to create the legislative framework to allow for persons to benefit from the NIS given specific controls and restrictions be put in place to make sure that it is not taken for granted,” he said.
Walters said more than one self-employed person indicated they were not paying contributions into the NIS. (RA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp