Antonio Renaldo Devere Atwell (left) and Arlond Elroy Atwell. (FILE)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Cricket resumes in Sri Lanka next week Read More
- Callender’s BFA goal Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Drug use is the one thread that seems to run through the majority of cases before the courts, Justice Randall Worrell said yesterday.
He made the comment as he sentenced brothers Antonio Renaldo Devere Atwell, then 19 and now 25, and Arlond Elroy Atwell, then 22 now 28, both of Culvert Terrace, Haynesville, St James, to 14 years in jail for unlawfully killing Travis Austin, formerly of Prior Park, St James, on February 4, 2014.
They were originally charged with murdering Austin but pleaded not guilty to that offence.
The two were represented by attorney Safiya Moore, while Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions Alliston Seale appeared for the Crown. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp