West Indies’ fast bowler Shannon Gabriel was added to the Test squad. (GP)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Experienced fast bowler Shannon Gabriel has been added to the West Indies 14-man squad for the anticipated tour of England which bowls off next Wednesday at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.
Originally, the 32-year-old Trinidadian paceman was named in the 25-member touring party among the reserves.
However, after proving his fitness following an ankle injury which kept him sidelined since September last year, Cricket West Indies (CWI) announced Gabriel’s inclusion for the three-match bio-secure series.
Gabriel, who has 133 Test wickets, adds to an already exciting Windies bowling attack led by Barbadian Kemar Roach. The other fast bowlers are Chemar Holder, skipper Jason Holder and Alzarri Joseph.
Test Squad: Jason Holder (captain), Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner, Kraigg Brathwaite, Shamarh Brooks, John Campbell, Roston Chase, Rahkeem Cornwall, Shane Dowrich, Shannon Gabriel, Chemar Holder, Shai Hope, Alzarri Joseph, Raymon Reifer, Kemar Roach
Reserves: Sunil Ambris, Joshua DaSilva, Keon Harding, Kyle Mayers, Preston McSween, Marquino Mindley, Shayne Moseley, Anderson Phillip, Oshane Thomas, Jomel Warrican. (AGB)
Join Nation News on WhatsApp