Jara Emtage-Cave (with ball) has been accepted at Harvard University. (GP)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
National rugby player Jara Emtage-Cave has gained a spot at the renowned Harvard University in the United States.
For the 18-year-old Harrison College student, furthering her education at the Cambridge, Massachusetts institution became a dream after attending a summer camp there in 2018.
During a recent interview with Weekend Sport, Emtage-Cave, who is completing her Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations this month, said she is in awe that her dream has become a reality.
“When I got the news, I was so excited. I honestly did not think that I would be able to get in. I did the summer camp in 2018 because I was into chemistry and wanted to expose myself to it more at the university level. . . ” (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp