Windies head coach Phil Simmons (GP)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
It’s business as usual for the West Indies, even with England’s most prolific batsman, captain Joe Root, set to miss the opening Test which begins on Wednesday at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.
Root will not play because his wife is due to give birth to their second child.
His absence paves the way for vice-captain Ben Stokes to take up the captaincy in the critical series opener.
However, Windies head coach Phil Simmons says Root’s absence will have little impact on their preparations ahead of the match. (AGB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp