Trinidad Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Port of Spain - General Elections will be held on August 10.
Speaking at the 35th sitting of the House of Representatives yesterday, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley announced the date.
“I have advised her Excellency the President to dissolve the parliament at midnight tonight as per our constitution. Nomination day would be Friday 17 of July and polling day would be August 10, 2020.”
The announcement comes after the PNM's last candidate was last night successfully screened for the Port of Spain South Constituency. Attorney Keith Scotland was approved at Queens Hall in Port of Spain.
The United National Congress (UNC) has completed its screening process but has yet to announce all candidates. (Trinidad Express)