- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
LIAT’S DEMISE has left at least ten St Lucians, who are stranded in Barbados, fearful that they may not get home anytime soon.
That’s because they had been banking that the cash-strapped regional carrier would pull through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
However, it was confirmed LIAT’S days were numbered and they would have to pay out millions in severance to hundreds of employees.
Catherine Sealys said she came to Barbados earlier this year to buy items after her home was destroyed by fire.
She said she booked a two-way ticket on LIAT and was scheduled to leave in May. (TG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp