Opposition Leader Bishop Joseph Atherley (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Opposition Leader Bishop Joseph Atherley is urging Government to properly recruit a second Deputy Commissioner of Police if it really wants to resolve the contention surrounding the post.
Atherley, who called the issue the latest example of “fumblemania” by the Mia Mottley administration, said an advertisement of the job, followed by the right selection process was necessary.
He was speaking in the House of Assembly yesterday during debate an amendment to the Police Act to provide for two Deputy Commissioners.
“I really believe to properly redress this issue that this post should be advertised . . .and that’s a personal view,” he said. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.