Barney Callender (FILE)
- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
With the Barbados Football Association (BFA) general elections a month away, a former FIFA official has joined the race for office.
Chairman of the referees’ committee Barney Callender is throwing his hat in the ring and will be running for the post of senior vice president at the annual general meeting on August 9 at the Gymnasium.
Callender, who will be up against the incumbent, Captain Al Walcott, confirmed his candidacy to NATION SPORT during a telephone interview yesterday.
“Yes, I am running. I think that the association and football needs stronger leadership. My ambition at some point in time is to become president of the Barbados Football Association, so this is the precursor to that. I think my chances are pretty good.” (AGB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at the link below.