AT LAST: After four fatalities and several serious accidents, traffic lights are finally being installed along the Ronald Mapp Highway’s juncture at Westmoreland, St James. The lights will be operational by next week. (Picture by Jameel Springer.)
- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Minister of Transport and Works Dr William Duguid has described as “scandalous” the storage of $2 million in road maintenance equipment in a warehouse for over two years by the last Government.
Duguid said that equipment should have been used to carry out critical road improvement and repairs such as the installation of traffic lights at the junction of the Ronald Mapp Highway and Westmoreland, St James, where there have been several road fatalities and serious accidents.
He made the comments yesterday during a media briefing at the juncture where the ministry is installing traffic lights.
They are expected to be switched on next week. (MB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at the link below.