- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Police are investigating a shooting incident which occurred about 2:55 p.m. yesterday in the area of Sobers Alley, St Michael where two people received injuries.
Kirklan Joel Bowen, 25, of #5 Clapham Park, St Michael received a gunshot injury to the right shoulder, while Damon Jamal Wharton, 31, of Sobers Lane, received a gunshot injury to the left side of the chest.
Police said the the first victim Kirlan Bowen was in the area of Sobers Alley, when “a man wearing black short pants, a black hat, with a black shirt covering his face, approached him, pointed and discharged a firearm in his direction”.
Bowen reportedly received a gunshot injury while running towards his car which was parked on Sobers Lane. He continued running, got into his car and transported himself to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH).
The second victim, Wharton, who was standing in the doorway of his home at the time, also received a gunshot injury. He was transported by a private vehicle to the QEH.
Investigations are ongoing.
Anyone who may have information that can assist with this investigation is asked to contact Police Emergency at 211, Crime Stoppers at 1800(TIPS), Criminal Investigation Department at 430-7189, or any police station. (PR)
Join Nation News on WhatsApp