- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
The combination of Deep Explorer and red hot jockey Antonio Whitehall justified favouritism in the R.J. Speer Stakes, securing their second consecutive Stakes victory this season at Assiniboia Downs in Canada on Wednesday evening.
This win followed success for the seven-year-old chestnut gelding who was also victorious on June 29, and was part of another treble for Whitehall, who celebrated two other wins on Stevie Mac and Commander McDivitt.
Similar to his success in the Free Press Stakes on June 17, Deep Explorer was settled in the middle of the field before surging on the outside to get home by half length.
Exhibiting great confidence in Deep Explorer’s ability, Whitehall allowed Finally Gottcha, Man Of Blues and Mr Dazzle to set the pace in the seven and a half furlong event. (LY)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.