- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
A-21-year old man from Baywoods, St James, was pronounced dead at the scene after falling from a breadfruit tree.
Unconfirmed reports indicate he may have been electrocuted after a rod he was using came into contact with power lines.
The exact cause of death is unknown at this time and police have launched an investigation.
Police at Holetown received a report of the incident, which occurred at the junction of Gilkes Village and Baywoods, around 10:26 a.m., at which time the man was said to be seriously injured.
When they arrived, ambulance personnel said there was no sign of life and a medical doctor later pronounced him dead at the scene.
A tender from the Barbados Fire Service also responded to put out a fire which was coming from the breadfruit tree. (PR/SAT)
Join Nation News on WhatsApp