Leadpipe with the proof that he is the 2019 Starcom Network People’s Monarch. (Picture by Anmar Goodridge-Boyce)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Clubs force BFA to change course Read More
- Sutherland asks for time Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
There is no shortage of new local music on the airwaves this summer despite the cancellation of the Crop Over Festival.
That’s why Starcom Network and Flow have partnered again to put on the annual People’s Monarch competition, where fans can vote for their favourite artistes and songs.
Voting for the 30 songs opened on Wednesday and is expected to run until the first week of August. The winner will receive a $5 000 prize.
Although the prize money is less than the $15,000 awarded to Leadpipe and producer Jus J for Sometime last year, promotions officer at Starcom, Julie Jones, said they still felt it was important to highlight the artistes. (TG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp