Football head coach Russell Latapy says the Concacaf Gold Cup is the immediate target. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Australia postpone series with West Indies Read More
- Todt has mixed feelings over Hamilton breaking Schumacher’s records Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ellen promises better culture on set Read More
A maiden appearance at the region’s biggest football tournament is the No.1 target for the Barbados senior men’s team once international play resumes.
Head coach Russell Latapy said his side was making a special effort to qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup 2021.
“There is the saying that if you are in it, you want to win it and that is the mentality we want for the players. If you are competing, we are competing to win and that is first and foremost. I think the Concacaf Gold Cup is the immediate target because it sits right in front of us within reach,” Latapy told Sunsport in a recent telephone interview.
When the coronavirus brought international sports to a standstill, the Tridents had recently gained promotion to League B of the Concacaf Nations League and were gearing up for a home and away tie with arch-rivals Guyana in the hunt to qualify for the Gold Cup. (AGB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.