President of the Democratic Labour Party Verla De Peiza. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Following is a statement from president of the Democratic Labour Party Verla De Peiza on the passing of former Prime Minister Owen Arthur.
Arthur died earlier today at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
“The Democratic Labour Party extends condolences to the family of former Prime Minister Owen Arthur and to the entire country of Barbados.
“As the longest-serving leader, who presided over a period of expansion for Barbados, he deserves his place rightfully alongside other noted nation-builders.
"Despite being associated with party political politics, in the last two years he freely offered advice and direction across the political divide.
"May his soul rest in peace." (PR)