Murder accused Romancia Odwin. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Romancia Makaila Odwin, 20, of Whopping, Orange Hill, St James appeared at Holetown Magistrates’ Court today charged with murdering well-known fish vendor Ronald “Smokey” Skeete between July 18 ad 19.
Police said Odwin was also charged that between July 18 and 19, she wounded Zonelle Sobers, also a fish vendor, with intent to maim, disfigure or disable her or to do some other serious bodily harm to Sobers whilst at Whopping, Orange Hill, St James.
Odwin, a junior national netballer, was not required to plead to the indictable offences when she appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair at the Holetown, St James court. She was remanded to Her Majesty’s Prisons Dodds and is to reappear on August 24. (PR)