English Premier League Logo. (Reuters)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
LONDON – The Community Shield, the traditional curtain-raiser to the Premier League season, will take place at Wembley on August 29, England’s Football Association (FA) said on Wednesday.
Premier League champions Liverpool will face either Arsenal or Chelsea, who meet in the FA Cup final on Saturday.
British media reported that fans could be allowed to attend the game, which will be played a fortnight before the new league season kicks off on September 12.
Manchester City won last season’s Community Shield by defeating Liverpool 5-4 on penalties. (Reuters)