Coach Denise Alleyne thinks the postponement will be a major setback. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Barbados was among three other Caribbean countries receiving the bad news on Tuesday night from the International Netball Federation (INF) that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Netball World Youth Cup will no longer take place in June 2021.
Originally, qualifiers were to be held in Trinidad and Tobago with the finals slated for this year.
However, the pandemic scuttled those plans with the INF indicating that the world rankings of senior teams would be used to determine the finalists which saw Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago and St Lucia joining Jamaica on the list of teams booked for Fiji.
When the date was moved to June 2021 the INF announced that players originally chosen for their respective countries would be allowed to take part, although some may have aged out due to the delay. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.