- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- CPL group tests negative for COVID-19 in Trinidad Read More
- Lara dispels coronavirus rumours Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) has completed repairs on a 16-inch main at Mount Standfast, St James and pumping from the Ionics Desalination Plant has been restarted.
BWA said repair crews today excavated an area in Patanne Gardens to replace approximately 50 feet of 16-inch pipe.
“The pipework was extended several feet beyond the damaged area in both directions. After the water was turned back on and supply through the main resumed, further checks were made to confirm the integrity of the pipe,” a statement said.
Repairs were also completed on four-inch mains at Phillips Road, St Stephen’s, St Michael and Belair Cross Roads, St Philip. (PR)