- Club severing all workers Read More
- Files put HSBC in spotlight Read More
- RallyCross a unique race, says champ Read More
- Chambers, Slocombe to defend their titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Harvey Weinstein stripped of British honour Read More
Port of Spain – An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.3 struck near Port of Spain late Saturday.
According to the Seismic Research Centre at the University of the West Indies (UWI), St Augustine campus, the quake that occurred shortly after 8 p.m. had a depth of ten kilometres.
It was also felt in the towns of Point Fortin and Laventille to the south of here, as well as sections of Venezuela.
There were no reports of damage or injuries. (CMC)