- MESSAGE: Small Business Week Read More
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Moseleys to face Lewis brothers Read More
- Bartomeu: No conflict with Messi Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Harvey Weinstein stripped of British honour Read More
The Integrity in Public Life Bill, 2020 was defeated in The Senate moments ago.
It did not gain the required two-third votes (14) needed for it to be passed.
Ten Government Senators voted in favour and there were two abstentions.
Earlier, several Opposition and Independent Senators walked out of the session after Senator Lisa Cummins, who was ordered to self-isolate over the weekend, was cleared to join after returning a negative COVID-19 test.
Leader of Public Business, Senator Jerome Walcott, called for the session to be suspended for 15 minutes. (SAT)