Dr Rudolph Alleyne is the new head of the Academy of Sport at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill. (GP)
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Files put HSBC in spotlight Read More
- RallyCross a unique race, says champ Read More
- Chambers, Slocombe to defend their titles Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Harvey Weinstein stripped of British honour Read More
The new head of the Academy of Sport at the University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Dr Rudolph Alleyne, is hoping to maintain the academy’s tradition of excellence in sports.
“I think one of the things I would like to see is our excellence go beyond the national level. We have done very well, for instance in cricket, winning the competition for many years. So how then can we improve on that and have the UWI Blackbirds team as a force to be reckoned with across the region, and maybe even internationally,” he told MIDWEEK SPORT.
Alleyne said most of the athletes travel to the United States on scholarships because that has been part of Barbados’ history for a very long time. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.