Adam King won the Under-16 Boys’ doubles and singles titles yesterday. INSET: Xzavier Hastick won two titles in the Under-12 Boys’ division. (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Small Business Association elects new president Read More
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Dottin half-century not enough Read More
- Japan scaling back some parts of Olympic Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Brazil Carnival delayed Read More
Top-ranked players Adam King and the stylish Xzavier Hastick each easily captured two crowns when the C.O. Williams Construction Limited Junior Tennis Tournament continued yesterday at the National Tennis Centre, Wildey.
King maintained his sovereignty over Xavier Peter-Gooding 6-4, 6-3 in the Boys’ Under-16 final to take the title.
After getting adequate rest, King returned with Nathanael Gilkes to win the Under-16 Boys’ doubles final, edging Luke Ollivierre and Isaiah Roland 6-3, 2-6, 10-8.
King will team up with Curt Seifert to battle Stephen Slocombe and Tyler Baptiste in today’s Under-18 doubles’ final and he will engage defending champion Slocombe in the Under-18s Boys’ final. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.