NY Traffic had his final exercise gallop with jockey David Cohen at Saratoga before his trip to Louisville, Kentucky. (GP)
- Small Business Association elects new president Read More
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Dottin half-century not enough Read More
- Japan scaling back some parts of Olympic Games Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Brazil Carnival delayed Read More
Ace Barbadian racehorse trainer Saffie Joseph Jr continues to break barriers, even in this difficult environment.
He is on show tonight in the 146th running of the Grade I Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, with the famous race slated for 7:01.
Barbadians will be hoping that the local wonder boy can pull off the victory with NY Traffic. This is a monumental achievement that will long be remembered.
When he pulls the girth belt for NY Traffic, he will become the first Bajan trainer to fly the Barbados flag in the Run to the Roses worth US$3 million over 2 000 metres. Saturday Sport reached out to him about the chances of NY Traffic and jockey Paco Lopez who are drawn in post number 15. (LY)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android