- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Marville Layne of Barclays Cycling Club, yesterday morning won the 60 lap criterium race sponsored by the Capri International Trading and organised by the Barbados Cycling Union at the harbour circuit.
Layne completed the race in one and three quarter hours.
Colvin “Top Cat” Alleyne, also of Barclays was second and Michael Harding, an independent rider, third.
Thirty-four riders started the race but only seven finished.
The other four finishing in the order of fourth to seventh were: Whitstanley Smith, of Banks Tigers; Henderson Blackman, of Brighton Saddle Boys; Albert Griffith of Berger Aces and Wesley Nicholas, of Barclays.
- This article was published November 9, 1981.