- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Sarfaraz Ahmed sacked as Pakistan captain in Test and T20 cricket Read More
- Dessie willing to serve Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G. among nominees for Rock Hall of Fame Read More
Marville Layne of Barclays Cycling Club, yesterday morning won the 60 lap criterium race sponsored by the Capri International Trading and organised by the Barbados Cycling Union at the harbour circuit.
Layne completed the race in one and three quarter hours.
Colvin “Top Cat” Alleyne, also of Barclays was second and Michael Harding, an independent rider, third.
Thirty-four riders started the race but only seven finished.
The other four finishing in the order of fourth to seventh were: Whitstanley Smith, of Banks Tigers; Henderson Blackman, of Brighton Saddle Boys; Albert Griffith of Berger Aces and Wesley Nicholas, of Barclays.
- This article was published November 9, 1981.