- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Marville Layne of Barclays Cycling Club, yesterday morning won the 60 lap criterium race sponsored by the Capri International Trading and organised by the Barbados Cycling Union at the harbour circuit.
Layne completed the race in one and three quarter hours.
Colvin “Top Cat” Alleyne, also of Barclays was second and Michael Harding, an independent rider, third.
Thirty-four riders started the race but only seven finished.
The other four finishing in the order of fourth to seventh were: Whitstanley Smith, of Banks Tigers; Henderson Blackman, of Brighton Saddle Boys; Albert Griffith of Berger Aces and Wesley Nicholas, of Barclays.
- This article was published November 9, 1981.