Dr Denis Lowe (FP)
- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Minister of Environment and Drainage Dr Denis Lowe vowed to resign his government post before he ever co-signs gender-neutral legislation.
At a Democratic Labour Party Christ Church East branch meeting held at the St Christopher Primary School on Sunday night the MP said that if he had to, he would go as far as campaigning against any such legislation in this island.
He was reacting to suggestions by Senator Wilfred Abrahams, the opposition Barbados Labour Party (BLP) candidate and his rival in the constituency that any legislation brought on domestic violence or spousal abuse should take into consideration relationships between
all parties (male and female or same sex) living with each other in the same household as “husband and wife”.
Lowe further sought to stave off what he deemed as the efforts by some who were parading “their agendas” on radio and in the local newspapers.
He was adamant that same-sex couples could never be “husband and wife” and should not be treated as such. (SDB Media)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.