- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- ECB wants substitute rule for coronavirus Read More
- Hill open to motoring restrictions Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
A CHRIST CHURCH MAN has been charged with malicious communication regarding comments made about MP Michael Lashley on social media.
And police are warning residents of Barbados not to use this platform to damage people’s reputations as it is a criminal offence.
Thirty-nine-year-old Omar Shawn Watson of Maxwell, Christ Christ, is scheduled to appear in the District A Magistrates Court tomorrow for allegedly posting a message on social media which was deemed to be “menacing in character” and caused Lashley “annoyance, distress and anxiety”.
The message was posted earlier this month, and Watson was arrested after police conducted an investigation. (PR/SAT)