MAINTENANCE OFFICER at The Soco Hotel, Ian Browne, explaining how the boiler needs natural gas to function properly and heat the hotel’s water. (Christoff Griffith)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
THE NATURAL GAS shortage has apparently jumped from the West Coast to the South Coast.
The problem was prevalent along the West Coast late last month and now Accra Beach Hotel and Spa in Rockley, Christ Church, says it is struggling to maintain some operations with the reduction in gas levels. Other properties nearby are also reporting low pressure.
Accra general manager Suresh Monickoraja said the past couple of months had been tough.
“We started to experience low pressure in December which began to impact our hot water supply and the situation deteriorated further, where [on Wednesday] we had almost zero supply coming in, which impacted our guest rooms, meeting rooms, kitchen and laundry,” he said.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.