- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
A DIRECT AIR LINK between Cuba and China and a proposed charter service between China and the Bahamas could open the door for Barbados to the burgeoning Chinese tourism business.
China’s Ambassador to Barbados Wang Ke disclosed that Cuba and China had entered into an arrangement that will see Air China flying directly to Cuba and she said she was aware of ongoing negotiations for charter flights to the Bahamas by Shanghai-based Eastern Airline of China.
With over 100 million Chinese travelling abroad every year, the ambassador declared: “This is a bright future for Chinese tourism in the Caribbean.”
Wang Ke joined Minister of Foreign Affairs Senator Maxine McClean last week at a news conference to report on the first ministerial meeting between SELAC (the community of Latin American and Caribbean States) and China, held in Beijing earlier this month. (GC)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.