Former America's Next Top Model contestant Mirjana Puhar. (Picture compliments tyra.com)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (AP) — A young man has been charged with killing a former contestant on America's Next Top Model.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police in North Carolina said in a statement Wednesday that 19-year-old Emmanuel Jesus Rangel-Hernandez has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the death of 19-year-old Mirjana Puhar and two other victims. The victims' bodies were found in a Charlotte, North Carolina, home on Tuesday. Police did not reveal how they were killed.
Tyra Banks and Ken Mok are co-producers of the reality TV show America's Next Top Model. The two confirmed Wednesday in a written statement that Puhar appeared on the show last year.
Police say Rangel-Hernandez is also charged in connection with a murder at a motel Sunday.
The suspect is being held at a local jail. Online records don't indicate whether he has an attorney.