Mario Harte and Jabarry Chandler. (FPs)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Callender’s BFA goal Read More
- Bad light, rain affect first day’s play of Test series Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Abuse allegations are a hoax, says Depp Read More
BARBADOS’ SENIOR MEN’S FOOTBALL TEAM will have another chance to improve their FIFA ranking when they face Caribbean neighbours St Vincent and the Grenadines this weekend at the National Stadium.
The first of two friendlies kicks off tonight at 8 p.m. and the 143rd ranked Barbados squad will be looking to upset the 121st ranked Vincentian unit.
Barbados are currently on their path of rebuilding and their quest, which started last month against Guyana, looks promising.
The local lads fought from two goals down to stage a combative comeback, eventually drawing 2-2 with the more experienced Golden Jaguars. An impressive result for both the players and interim coach Marcos Falopa, who will be seeking to go one step further and secure a win over the “Vincy Heat”.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.