The National Stadium (FP)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Pride collar Jaguars Read More
- India, Pakistan romp to U-19 wins Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bad Boys for Life makes better than expected Box Office debut Read More
THE GAMES will go on, but the stands at this country’s most used sports facility are off limits for the next several months.
Government has made a decision to temporarily close all five stands at the National Stadium, until repairs are completed.
In an exclusive interview with the SUNDAY SUN yesterday, Minister of Sport, Stephen Lashley said the decision was based solely on safety concerns.
“It’s something we had to do. I could not sit any longer as minister and just hope and pray that a patron isn’t seriously injured while attending an event at the National Stadium,” he said.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.