The National Stadium (FP)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Club World Cup a test for Qatar Read More
- Cricket returns to Trelawny Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Jus Jay advances to final of Red Bull competition Read More
THE GAMES will go on, but the stands at this country’s most used sports facility are off limits for the next several months.
Government has made a decision to temporarily close all five stands at the National Stadium, until repairs are completed.
In an exclusive interview with the SUNDAY SUN yesterday, Minister of Sport, Stephen Lashley said the decision was based solely on safety concerns.
“It’s something we had to do. I could not sit any longer as minister and just hope and pray that a patron isn’t seriously injured while attending an event at the National Stadium,” he said.
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.