Poetic Licence (left) is the one to beat in today’s Guineas. (FP)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
POETIC LICENCE looks set to take today’s first jewel of the Barbados Triple Crown Grade I Walls Magnum Classic Barbados Guineas over 1 570 metres at the Garrison Savannah.
She goes into the feature race for West Indian-bred three-year-olds and weight-for-age horses fresh off a hat-trick, all of which have been outstanding performances.
The Bills Inc. filly is trained by Victor Cheeseman, whose charges have recently been performing very well in this race. The trainer won in 2012 with Aston Martin followed by Nekitta in 2013.
Poetic Licence’s big advantage is evidently the speed she has been displaying, which the others to date have found no answer for. Her time has also been very impressive as she is the only one in the field to have completed the trip in 1:35.4 minutes. (LY)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.