Stylish Shakira Doughlin (centre) won a showdown in the bikini fitness contest from Janesia Pitt (left) and Vicky-Ann Hope. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
SHAKIRA DOUGHLIN was the queen of bikini fitness while Hadley Hoyte and Ryan Haynes were kings of the men’s physique competitions at the Bridgetown championships at Combermere School on Saturday night.
Doughlin, who represented Barbados last year at the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Championships, won an absorbing showdown with 21-year-old Janesia Pitt and the stylish Vicky-Ann Hope.
This contest attracted five girls but it was clear from the first call-out that the judges only had eyes for the trio, all of whom are members of the Strike Force Gym.
In the end, poise, shape and proportion did the trick for Doughlin, a 25-year-old primary school teacher. (MK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.