Shaquile Lavine (right), Kirk Alleyne (centre) and Tyrone Mayers battling it out in the 2015 Mr Bridgetown muscle contest at Combermere School on Saturday night. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Rowley: No public risk from CPL Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
RAZOR SHARP and symmetrical, Shaquile Lavine became the fourth man in history to conquer the Mr Teenager and Mr Bridgetown in the same night to launch the 2015 bodybuilding season at Major Noott Hall, Combermere School, on Saturday night.
Lavine, 19, overcame a strong challenge from impressive debutant Lamar Coward to take Mr Teenager and then, in the second half of the programme, he captured Mr Bridgetown from three other rivals.
“I always wanted to be one of the youngest and one of the best. It feels great to win the Mr Bridgetown, it is a big show. My aim is to go far in the sport and I am happy to win two contests in the same night,” said the former Princess Margaret Secondary schoolboy, who hails from Vauxhall, Christ Church. (MK)
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.