Zakiyah DeFreitas is cradled in the arms of an adult after she was injured in an accident yesterday. (Pictures by Lennox Devonish)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Bellamy eyeing new challenge Read More
- Archer awarded central contract Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Six to fly flag in Brooklyn Read More
SPRINGER MEMORIAL student Zakiyah DeFreitas is in serious but stable condition at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH).
A QEH spokesperson told NATION Online the 14-year-old was in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit preparing to undergo surgery.
DeFreitas was one of the 22 students injured when a route taxi (ZR) overturned in Nursery Drive, The City, yesterday. She was taken to the QEH and underwent surgery. Her left hand was partially severed in the accident.
The other students complained mainly of pains to the body. Some were treated at the scene while others sought attention at the Winston Scott Polyclinic. (SDB MEDIA)
Twenty-two students were injured when this ZR flipped yesterday in Nursery Drive.