HANDS CLEAN: “I have committed no crime so I have nothing to be worried about,” says Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
MINISTER OF FINANCE Chris Sinckler says his hands are clean.
In the face of a barrage of attacks from the Opposition over the controversial Cahill agreement to build a $700 million plasma gasification waste-to-energy plant here, Sinckler went on the counter-attack while defending his role in the project as well as explaining payments reportedly made to local construction company Preconco.
In his wrap-up of the 2015 Budget in the wee hours of yesterday morning in the House of Assembly, Sinckler accused Opposition Leader Mia Mottley of leading a witch-hunt against him and his colleagues.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.