Wildey Gymnasium (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
THE GYMNASIUM of the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex – Barbados’ premier indoor sports facility – is getting an $18.4 million upgrade.
The complex, which over the years has catered to swimmers, hockey players, netballers, footballers, boxers, basketballers, table tennis players, gymnasts and bodybuilders, is also diversifying its offerings, with a sports café and networking centre, a skate park and road tennis facility among the considerations.
Minister of Sport Stephen Lashley said in the House of Assembly yesterday that the “full renovation” of the Gymnasium, which had its share of problems including a leaky roof, was being undertaken by the government of China from next April as “a gift to the people of Barbados”.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.