A light aeroplane crashed in a field at Ealing Grove Christ Church this morning. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- India Women take 2-0 T20 lead Read More
- Persaud hurts Pride Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
A LONE PILOT was injured earlier this morning when a light aeroplane crashed in a field at Ealing Grove, Christ Church.
The pilot, whose name has not been released, was treated on board an ambulance at the scene and later taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Reports indicate the plane had engine failure and the pilot looked for an area where he could land the aircraft. The incident occurred around 9:45 a.m.
Scores of people have gathered near the scene, but cannot get too close as fuel continues to leak from the aircraft. (HG)