A light aeroplane crashed in a field at Ealing Grove Christ Church this morning. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
A LONE PILOT was injured earlier this morning when a light aeroplane crashed in a field at Ealing Grove, Christ Church.
The pilot, whose name has not been released, was treated on board an ambulance at the scene and later taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
Reports indicate the plane had engine failure and the pilot looked for an area where he could land the aircraft. The incident occurred around 9:45 a.m.
Scores of people have gathered near the scene, but cannot get too close as fuel continues to leak from the aircraft. (HG)