- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- BOA: Funding is key Read More
- CSOS, All Stars rule Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
ATTORNEY ALLAN CARTER who fell ill during a hearing in the No.5 Supreme Court yesterday has died.
The 56-year-old Jamaican national and lawyer with Pilgrim & Associates was appearing in a bail application before Justice Jacqueline Cornelius when he complained of feeling ill during the mid-morning hearing.
At the time he was assisted out of the No. 5 Supreme Court by court officials and complained of slurred speech and being unable to move the left side of his body.
Carter was taken by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he passed away last night. (AC)