- VIDEO: The rights of consumers Read More
- VAT on transactions delayed again Read More
- Blake blasts back with 100m Diamond League win, eyes world champs Read More
- Bale to stay at Real Madrid Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Classic seals the deal Read More
KINGSTON – A report on the state of West Indies cricket is strongly recommending the immediate dissolution of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB).
Late yesterday, the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC) said it was reliably informed by cricket sources that the report, by a five-member Cricket Review Panel appointed by the CARICOM Sub-committee of Cricket Governance, is recommending the appointment of an interim board to run the affairs of the sport in the region.
The report, which will be made public during a live news conference in Grenada today, is also calling for the creation of a new governance and management structure for cricket in the region as well as a new set of criteria for the selection of the management and board members of WICB.
Meantime, President of WICB Dave Cameron has promised a “full response” to the report. (EZS/CMC)
Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.