Majid Mayers cleaning the beach. (Pictures by Nigel Browne.)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
THERE IS AN unsightly problem on Dover Beach in Christ Church.
The otherwise beautiful tourist spot is marred by a pool of stagnant, green water filled with garbage that has been accumulating for years in the shower area.
The problem has been tackled by locals in the past but continually reoccurs and now no one is trying to clean the area. It is now so bad that grass has started growing through the beach sand.
Resident Cavendish Atwell said the problem was that the shower area was below sea level.
“If you keep building up this, you wouldn’t get this problem but the authorities wouldn’t even give me a few cement blocks to do it,” he said.
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.