Brian Green, director of Crown Events. (LT)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- BOA: Funding is key Read More
- CSOS, All Stars rule Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
THE MISS UNIVERSE Barbados beauty pageant is back.
Nearly a decade after the last show, a new franchise holder, Crown Events Inc, is recruiting Barbadian women between the ages 18 to 27 to represent the island on the international stage.
National director Brian Green said this time around, however, the pageant would be staged with several changes, including a focus on transparency.
“For the first time, we are doing open castings. Gone are the days where five people meet in a room with six people and four names get sent to the media,” he said during a media conference at Limegrove Lifestyle Centre, St James, yesterday. (LT)
Please read the full story in today's Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.