Confetti rains down on the newly crowned Miss Universe Barbados Shannon Harris. (Picture by Lennox Devonish)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
LAST NIGHT Shannon Harris became the first woman to call herself Miss Universe Barbados in nine years.
So it was only fitting that she was crowned at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre with a tiara worth $10 000 by former title holder Jewel Garner.
The 21-year old beat 13 other delegates who were vying for the title. Her closest competition was Jamiliah Forde, the first runner up and second runner up Christina Yearwood.
In addition to the title, Harris walked away $115 000 worth of prizes.
“It’s a surreal moment,” an elated Harris told NATION Online.
“I feel like the crown belongs to me – I am very, very happy.”
The 14 delegates spent 20 weeks preparing for the finale. (TSG)