Some of those who gathered in National Heroes Square for the Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony. (Picture by Alex Downes.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
THOUSANDS OF BARBADIANS from all walks of life descended on National Heroes Square for the 20th Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony this evening.
Shortly after 6 p.m. Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and four Barbadians born in 1966 switched on lights across the country.
Members of the public, politicians, government officials, church leaders and businessmen were among those who attended the event which kicked off a month of intensified Independence celebrations.
The ceremony included a number of speeches and performances from entertainers. (AD)