Beulah Methodist Church showing off the national colours of Barbados. (Picture by John Sealy.)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- BOA: Funding is key Read More
- CSOS, All Stars rule Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
IT IS THE start of the month of November and Barbadians are getting excited over the activities being staged to celebrate their country's anniversary of Independence.
This year is more special given that Barbados will be observing its 50th as an independent nation on November 30.
Yesterday evening the official Sagicor Life Lighting ceremony was held at Heroes Square, The City before thousands of locals and visitors.
Not only did those in Bridgetown celebrate as the environs were transformed into a sea of gold and ultramarine, but far to the east at Beulah Corner, St Philip, the Beulah Methodist Church reflected its national pride with the blue and gold colours.