The spirit of Independence has also taken off at Grantley Adams International Airport. (Pictures by Nigel Browne.)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- BOA: Funding is key Read More
- CSOS, All Stars rule Turf Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
IT’S LOOKING A LOT like Independence . . . all around the country.
As celebrations continue to mark the island’s 5oth anniversary of nationhood and its jubilee celebrations, the night scene has been transformed with bright roundabouts, but also beautifully-lit buildings displaying the national colours.
On November 1, during the Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony in Bridgetown, Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley told Barbadians that the lights across the land should be a reminder that the future of the island was bright. (BW)
More pictures below.
FLOW’s building at Windsor Lodge, Government Hill, St Michael, all aglow.
Parliament Buildings in full splendour.
Nation House on Fontabelle.