The spirit of Independence has also taken off at Grantley Adams International Airport. (Pictures by Nigel Browne.)
- Small Business Association elects new president Read More
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Japan scaling back some parts of Olympic Games Read More
- RallyCross a unique race, says champ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Brazil Carnival delayed Read More
IT’S LOOKING A LOT like Independence . . . all around the country.
As celebrations continue to mark the island’s 5oth anniversary of nationhood and its jubilee celebrations, the night scene has been transformed with bright roundabouts, but also beautifully-lit buildings displaying the national colours.
On November 1, during the Sagicor Life Inc. Lighting Ceremony in Bridgetown, Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley told Barbadians that the lights across the land should be a reminder that the future of the island was bright. (BW)
More pictures below.
FLOW’s building at Windsor Lodge, Government Hill, St Michael, all aglow.
Parliament Buildings in full splendour.
Nation House on Fontabelle.