Britain's Prince Harry (seated centre) is flanked by Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and Duke of Edinburgh Awards trustee Sir Trevor Carmichael. Standing (from left) are local Duke of Edinburgh chairman Stephen Smith, Jade Gibbons and Charlee Gittens. (Picture by Nigel Browne.)
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- Shorter wait for liquor licences Read More
- Sir Andy raises doubt over Bascombe Read More
- Patrick Day dies following brutal knockout Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Whitney Houston, Notorious B.I.G. among nominees for Rock Hall of Fame Read More
BRITAIN'S PRINCE HARRY presented Barbadians Charlee Gittens and Jade Gibbons with the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award at Government House minutes ago.
The award for Jade comes after a gruelling nine years of projects, while it took Charlee seven years to complete the work which earned her the prestigious award.
Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave, local chairman of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Stephen Smith, representatives of Prince's Trust International and other specially invited guests were at Government House for the presentation of the award. (GC)