BODY BLOW: Barbadian Derek Hyman landing a blow to Colin Lewis of Guyana. Hyman, however, lost the bout on a technical knockout on the final night of competition. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Swimmers salute Bellamy Read More
- Patriots take down unbeaten Knight Riders Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
PRESIDENT OF THE Barbados Boxing Association Anthony Jones believes more needs to be done if boxing is to reach its full potential in the region.
Speaking on the final night of the Caribbean Development Boxing Tournament at the SeaRocks Dome on Saturday night, Jones said it was a successful week of competition but advances needed to be made across the board.
“The boxers, referees, judges and coaches did the best they could but they are many areas that require some development,” he told NATIONSPORT.
Zooming in on the boxers he explained that their skill level needed to be raised for them to fight both effectively and efficiently.
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.